Robert S. Nix
877-419-0945 (Toll Free)
Attorney Robert S. Nix has been practicing law for more than 13 years in the Philadelphia area.
He recently returned to MyPhillyLawyer, where he worked as a law clerk back in 1995 when he was a first-year law student at the Temple University School of Law.
During his 15-year hiatus, he accomplished much as an attorney.
While in law school, he was an extern law clerk to the Hon. Dolores K. Sloviter, who served at the time as the Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. After graduation he clerked for Federal Judge Clifford Scott Green of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. At Temple, he served on the Law Review.
After earning his law degree in 1997, Nix has been specializing in general commercial litigation, bankruptcy and product liability cases.
Nix comes to MyPhillyLawyer after working most recently for the Philadelphia Bar Association, where he provided lawyer referral and intake services for clients. He worked for Pepper Hamilton LLP from 1998 to 2004 as an associate and also formerly practiced law as a litigation attorney with Philadelphia's Langsam Stevens & Silver LLP.
In addition, Nix teaches political science at Manor College in Jenkintown.
And wherever he has been practicing, it's his clients who have been the beneficiaries of his hard work.
One of his passions as an attorney is helping to bring quality legal services to under-served communities, which is also one of his key goals as an attorney with MyPhillyLawyer.
Nix also is very involved in local politics and government relations, including helping in numerous coalition outreach efforts and advising candidates on outreach in the Hispanic community. He has been a lobbyist and advocate for the Hispanic community of Pennsylvania on issues such as education and immigration reform. In 2008, he was a candidate for the Pennsylvania State Senate.
He is fluent in Spanish and is a longtime board member of the Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania, where he is chairman of the government relations committee.
Nix has been active in his community as well, including serving on the Philadelphia Police Advisory Commission for 11 years. He also serves as a Judge of Elections in the 63rd Ward, 1st Division in Philadelphia and has served on the Board of the Catholic Social Services for the Philadelphia Archdiocese and as a mentor with Philadelphia Futures.
He has also served on the FBI Multi-Cultural Advisory Committee as a liaison between law enforcement and minority communities, as a member of the City Commissioner's Limited English Proficiency Voter Education Advisory Group and on the Philadelphia Bar Association's Committee to Promote Fairness in the Philadelphia Legal System.
Nix has also been a frequent guest TV commentator and speaker on issues such as leadership, immigration reform, education, environmental law, police-community relations, and local government and politics. He has been a contributing op-ed columnist for The Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News, Allentown Morning Call, Harrisburg Patriot-News, and Al Día newspapers.
A native of Laredo, Texas, Nix moved with his family to western Pennsylvania when he was 10 years old, but has never forgotten his Texas roots.
He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in environmental science from Texas Christian University in 1986 and a Bachelor of Science degree in behavioral science from the University of Maryland in 1994.
Nix, who is married and has three daughters, lives in Philadelphia. He enjoys playing competitive men's tennis.
Nix joins seven other Philadelphia injury attorneys who are already at MyPhillyLawyer, serving clients by providing vigorous, passionate and talented legal services in a wide variety of personal injury practices.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Plaintiff's Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Civil Rights
- Government Relations
- Appellate Practice
- Environmental Law
- Toxic Torts
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. (Cum Laude) - 1997
- Law Review: Temple Law Review, Associate Research Editor
- University of Maryland University College
- B.S. - 1994
- Texas Christian University
- B.S. - 1986
- Environmental Science, Philadelphia University, 2008 - Present
- American National Government, Manor College, 2008 - Present
Honors and Awards
- Named one of region's "Top Newsmakers of 2008" by Al Día Newspaper, 2008
- Keynote Speaker, Manor College Commencement Exercises, 2008
- Named one of "Delaware Valley's Most Influential Latinos", 2006
- Listed in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania, Board Member
- Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania, Chairman, Government Liaison Committee
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Staff Attorney, 2009 - 2010
- Langsam, Stevens & Silver, LLC, Litigation Attorney, 2008 - 2010
- International Personnel Resources, Inc., General Counsel, 2007
- Phoenix Strategies, LLC, Principal, 2006 - 2010
- Smith Giacometti, LLC, Associate Attorney, 2004 - 2006
- Pepper Hamilton LLP, Associate Attorney, 1998 - 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- Philadelphia Police Advisory Commission, 1999 - Present
- Candidate for Pennsylvania State Senate, 3rd District, 2008 - Present
- Catholic Social Services, Board Member, 2003 - 2007
- Judge of Elections, Philadelphia 63rd Ward, 1st Division, 2000 - Present
- D.A.'s Office Youth Aid Panels, 25th Police District, 1999 - 2003
- English (Primary)
- Spanish (Primary)