Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Car Crash?
Many people will tell you that you do not need an attorney for a personal injury claim after an accident. But think about it. In many states, you must have an attorney to buy a house. Many people use lawyers to write their wills. If you are starting a business, you will probably want to understand how tax laws apply to you. If you want to adopt a child, it is probably a good idea to have an attorney.
Insurance companies are especially adamant about you not hiring an attorney if you were injured in a car accident. Instead of getting your own representation, you should trust the insurance claims process, according to them. After all, they are on your side, correct?
Sadly, the answer to this question is, “Usually not.” Insurance companies are in business to make money. The result: Insurance companies delay, deny and defend in their efforts to make sure that they pay out as little as possible. This is how they enlarge their profits.
Reasons to Have an Attorney by Your Side
This is why you need an attorney if your claim involves anything more extensive than minor body work. Otherwise, you will experience frustration and be made to feel that you have no right to seek full compensation. Having an experienced personal injury lawyer levels the playing field and gives you a fighting chance to get what you need to heal from your injuries.
Here are other reasons to hire a Philadelphia personal injury attorney. An experienced lawyer will offer:
- A network of experts, investigators and specialists who can add value to your case by showing how the accident occurred
- The ability to show how the accident affected your life and the lives of your loved ones
- The ability to calculate the true value of your case
- The willingness to take your case to trial
- Experience with cases similar to yours
- The willingness to answer questions and report on the progress of your case
- The skill to know when not to take your case to trial and instead seek the best settlement possible
- The ability to develop a structured settlement to your best advantage
- Knowledge of trial technology and management systems that will keep everything on track and provide the most compelling story possible to a jury
- The ability to evaluate your claim quickly and without charge so you don’t waste your time if there is no case
- A no-risk opportunity for you to get the compensation you need and deserve – most personal injury lawyers charge fees only if they win the case
- Knowledge of how the other side operates
- Assistance with alternative dispute resolution methods if that is the best way to resolve your case
- Objectivity when developing the best strategy for your specific situation
- A passion for helping people who were hurt because of others’ negligence
Don’t Hesitate, as You May Not Have a Lot of Time
People sometimes forget that they have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim after a car or other motor vehicle accident. The statute of limitations in Pennsylvania is usually two years from the date of the accident or from when you discovered that you had been injured. This makes it important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible about your case. You have nothing to lose and the possibility of gaining full compensation for the harm done to you.