Doylestown Car Accident Attorneys
A Doylestown car accident is one of the most unsettling and frightening experiences you could have. You may start to question, who is going to pay for your injuries? How long are you going to be off work? What about your car repairs? Can I get help for my injuries? When can I go back to work? Whose fault, was it?
At MyPhillyLawyer, we have the answers to those questions because we have helped hundreds of people who have been injured in Pennsylvania car accidents. Our Doylestown car accident attorneys have been helping accident survivors for years. We understand how much stress families face, especially if a wrongful death happened due to a car accident in Doylestown or another town nearby. We walk our clients through every step of the way towards a fair settlement.
Although you cannot control the circumstances of an accident and how the after-effects will hit, you can pick up the pieces. Let us help you bring them together. We will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Roads in Doylestown Prone to Car Accidents
Doylestown, Bucks County, is a mere twenty-five miles from Philadelphia. As residents, we see and hear about major accidents due to the bad roads in the area. Some roads have bad reputations, such as:
- The Delaware Expressway – rush hour on this road is hair-raising.
- Broad Street – a major arterial road with significant traffic volumes and many fatal accidents.
- Roosevelt Boulevard – PennDot calls this 11-mile stretch the deadliest road in the state.
- Bustleton Avenue – this road runs straight through Northeast Philadelphia and is a frequent location for serious crashes.
- Schuylkill Expressway – another bustling section of road, considered very dangerous.
In the city of Philadelphia, there are multiple dangerous intersections with a history of frequent crashes. They include:
- Southwest 49th Street and Grant Avenue – a high-traffic volume intersection and prone to accidents.
- Roosevelt Boulevard and Grant Avenue – listed as one of the most dangerous intersections for several years. Red-light cameras were installed. The results are still being assessed.
- Roosevelt Boulevard and Red Lion Road – this location’s intersection is in constant motion and witnesses multiple accidents yearly.
No matter where you drive in Pennsylvania, whether to or from Philadelphia and Doylestown, you may be involved in a serious car accident. Do not hesitate to contact MyPhillyLawyer for legal advice and to discuss the steps for filing a car accident case.
Causes of Doylestown Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents can be caused for a multitude of reasons. The leading causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Running signals and other traffic signs
- Running intersections
- Unsafe lane changes
- Vehicle design defects
- Wrong-way driving
- Improper turns
- Poor road maintenance
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Bad weather
- Construction zone accidents
- Defective traffic signals/missing signs
- Driving while fatigued
- Head-on collisions
- Wrong-way driving
- Side impact collisions
- Rollover accidents
- T-bone collisions
Types of Injuries Sustained in Doylestown Car Accidents
Car accidents result in devastating injuries. They can not only affect a person in the short term but can have long-term effects. The most common injuries sustained by passengers and drivers in a Doylestown car accident include the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial disfigurement
- Crush injuries
- Fractured bones
- Broken bones
- Airbag injuries
- Burns, lacerations, scarring
- Neck trauma
- Back trauma
- Paralysis – partial or complete
- Internal injuries
- Organ damage
- Knee injuries
- Ankle and foot injuries
- Hand and wrist injuries
As a Philly driver, you should not be left to bear the financial and physical costs on your own. If another person’s negligence caused your life-debilitating injuries, you must seek the guidance of an experienced Doylestown car accident attorney. At MyPhillyLawyer, our Doylestown car accident attorneys are here to help you seek the compensation you deserve.
What is a No-Fault System Mean in Pennsylvania
It is essential to know that Pennsylvania is a “choice” no-fault state regarding car accident insurance. That means when you buy car insurance and choose a no-fault policy, you must file a claim with your insurance company according to your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. This provides you with compensation for medical bills and other expenses, no matter who was at fault for the collision.
Although it is good to have this coverage, the bills, other related expenses, or a job loss due to injuries, may be more costly than your PIP limit. This brings in the modified comparative fault rule, where damages awarded may be reduced by a percentage of fault to each party involved.
If an accident victim is deemed more than fifty percent at fault, they may be unable to recover damages. Insurance adjusters also use this approach to apportion fault in a crash to reduce the amount of a victim’s compensation.
What You Need to Know About Doylestown Car Accident Insurance
If you own a vehicle in Doylestown, you must have an insurance policy covering at least $15,000 in bodily injury liability. However, not all Doylestown drivers have that type of coverage, or their minimum coverage is not enough to cover accident expenses. If that is the case in your accident, there may be other options, such as:
- Uninsured motorist (UM) coverage – this insurance is activated when the driver responsible for the collision does not have vehicle insurance. Or if the driver hit and ran from the scene. UM is an option on your car insurance. It can be waived, is not expensive, and using it does not increase your insurance rates.
- Underinsured motorist (UIM) – in some instances, the negligent driver may have vehicle insurance. However, the cost of your injuries is over the $15,000 minimum. This type of coverage is also an option on your insurance and can cover the financial difference if you are seriously injured.
- Stacking – if you have several vehicles, you can choose a stacking option that allows you to recover from more than one insurance policy if you are injured after a collision.
- Income loss protection – some policies offer a provision that compensates you for a portion of lost income as you are recovering from your injuries.
Contact MyPhillyLawyer for Your Doylestown Car Accident
If you have lost a loved one in a car crash because of the negligence of others or an entity, you have an ally in the Doylestown car accident attorneys at MyPhillyLawyer. From general injury to wrongful death claims, we offer sound legal advice and guidance from experienced legal advocates. We are committed to making a significant difference in the outcome of your case.