Slip and Fall at Wendy’s? Our Lawyers Can Help
Wendy’s is an American international fast food restaurant chain. As of 2016, it was the world’s third biggest hamburger fast food chain, behind Burger King and McDonald’s. As of January 2, 2017, Wendy’s had a total of 6,537 locations, including 330 that are owned by the company.
Due to the thousands of customers that visit Wendy’s on a daily basis, employees may often neglect to notice spills that can occur in the restaurant, and they may not clean up the spills in time to prevent customers from sustaining an injury in a slip, trip and fall. Or they may fail to warn of dangerous conditions that could cause customers to have an accident. Employees of Wendy’s have a duty to make certain that their customers are safe while they are dining in the restaurant, or simply waiting in line to be served. If you were injured at Wendy’s, call the personal injury attorneys at MyPhillyLawyer at (215) 789-9346.
What Kind of Injuries Have Wendy’s Customers Suffered?
Most slip and fall accidents at Wendy’s have not resulted in severe or life-threatening injuries. However, sometimes, customers slip, trip and fall and therefore, become seriously injured. Anytime a customer visits a fast food restaurant, there are potential dangers. Places that are especially hazardous are those in which there is food such as the condiment station. Among the items that could result in a slippery, unsafe environment in Wendy’s are:
- Food, such as ice cream and condiments
- Grease used in cooking
- Floors that were recently mopped, particularly if an employee failed to put up a DANGER sign
- Inclement weather, especially in an area in which snow and ice can accumulate
If you suffered a serious injury while you were a customer at Wendy’s, you may have a valid case of negligence against the fast food chain. You may be able to receive damages for your injury. Among the common types of injuries that people sustain in slip and fall accidents are:
- Spinal cord injury
- Knee sprain
- Fractured clavicle
- Tailbone fracture
If you have suffered these or other slip and fall injuries at Wendy’s, you may be able to secure compensation. This compensation is similar to that of other personal injury lawsuits, and could include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
What to do After a Slip and Fall Accident at Wendy’s
1. See a medical professional right away.
2. Do not sign any forms from Wendy’s management or anyone acting on their behalf, including their attorneys and insurance company representatives, until you have spoken with legal counsel.
3. Do not file a claim against them by yourself. Call MyPhillyLawyer, and have an experienced personal injury attorney represent you.