Willow Grove Personal Injury Attorneys
Insurance companies are focused on making money, not paying out fair claims to accident victims. They would instead reduce or deny a claim. If you have a personal injury attorney in your corner, you stand a better chance of recovering fair compensation for your injuries.
MyPhillyLawyer Willow Grove personal injury attorneys also ensure you know your legal rights, how a claim proceeds forward, and what to expect as an outcome. If you have been injured in a car accident or other injury accident, the last thing you want to do is deal with a third party who does not have your best interests in mind. If you are already injured, you may be worrying about who will pay the bills, when you can return to work, and whether or not you may need surgery.
Contact our Willow Grove personal injury attorneys today. We cover a wide range of individual injury cases. From car accidents to slip and fall accidents at work, motorcycle accidents, or collisions with a big rig – we are here to help.
Willow Grove Accident Statistics
PennDOT statistics show that in 2018, there were 128,420 crashes in the State. Those accidents killed 1,190 people and left 78,219 injured. In 2020 the numbers began looking much better. The number of crashes was the second-lowest since 1935. 104,475 traffic accidents claimed the lives of 1,129 and injured 61,248.
In 2020 there were approximately 12 crashes per hour or 286 collisions. Three individuals died daily, representing about one death every 8 hours. Every day there were 168 hurt, an average of seven injuries an hour.
About one in every 57 people in Pennsylvania was in a vehicle crash, 11,339 perished in a wreck, and one out of every 209 were injured. These numbers are based on Pennsylvania’s population in 2019, which was 12,801,989.
What Causes Personal Injury Accidents in Willow Grove
PennDot provides enlightening accident-related statistics about the causes of crashes, often perennially and recurring every year. Causes of crashes include:
- Single vehicles collide with a fixed object in more than 30 percent of reported crashes.
- Bad road conditions were cited in 14.3 percent of crashes. Most crashes happened in dry conditions, an indicator of driver error.
- Speeding was cited in 269 deaths.
- DUI/DWI was the cause of 293 traffic deaths.
- Heavy trucks accounted for 122 fatalities.
- Passenger vehicles were involved in 52.8 percent of all crashes in 2020 and were involved in more collisions than other types of vehicles combined.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Brakes, tires, and other issues caused 65.5 percent of all accidents.
- Lane drifting
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
The numbers and causes of car accidents represent a staggering number of Pennsylvanians who need to know their legal rights and how to seek compensation for injuries sustained in a crash or other type of personal injury accident. Our Willow Grove personal injury attorneys at MyPhillyLawyer are here to help.
Why You Should Hire a Willow Grove Personal Injury Attorney
One of the key elements in proving a personal injury accident case is the presence of negligence. The following are other reasons why you need a skilled Willow Grove personal injury attorney if you have been in an accident include:
- For unknown reasons, you lost control of your motorcycle, truck, or car. You could be dealing with a vehicle recall you never knew about or dealing with a defective original or aftermarket part.
- You were hit by someone else and ended up in a chain-reaction multi-car crash. Insurance issues are a true nightmare in cases like this. Determining liability is a significant issue that your personal injury attorney can help you resolve.
- You sustained severe injuries and serious damage to your vehicle. The police are not sure who was at fault. Please consult a personal injury attorney to determine your legal rights and protect them.
- You got a reasonable settlement offer from the other driver’s insurance company, but it was low. First, do not accept it, or you lose any right to sue. Second, call our Willow Grove personal injury attorneys at MyPhillyLawyer, talk to us, and find out the actual cost of your accident for property damages and injuries.
- Insurance companies are hounding you after an accident, and you do not know what to do or where to turn. Having legal representation dramatically improves your chance of a fair and equitable settlement. Speak “only” to your lawyer, and say nothing online to anyone about your accident.
- Your injuries are permanent, which can mean more pain, possible surgeries, and longer recovery. This affects your finances. An experienced Willow Grove personal injury attorney can get you the compensation you need.
- Did someone you love die in the accident you were involved in, caused by someone’s negligence? You have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit and seek compensation.
At MyPhillyLawyer, we understand what it’s like to be involved in a personal injury accident and how frightening it is to put your life back together. We are here to help you and are right by your side from day one to the finish. Call us today for a free legal consultation.
How a Willow Grove Personal Injury Attorney Can Help Obtain a Fair Settlement
One of the smartest moves you can make in the wake of a personal injury accident, such as a vehicle crash, is to retain a personal injury attorney. You are facing mounting medical bills and other accident expenditures. You do not know the possibility of other damages that can be recovered, nor would you know the court rules, how to negotiate with an insurance company, or the long-term outcome of your injuries – that may take years to resolve.
A highly trained personal injury attorney knows how to assess your claim’s value, the rules for filing such a claim, and how to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company or, if necessary, take a case to trial. Having someone in your corner is essential when your life and livelihood are at stake in the aftermath of an accident.
A Willow Grove personal injury attorney can assist in settling insurance claims. Survivors cannot, as they can only guess the value of their injuries. Survivors attempting to negotiate or file a claim on their own may lose thousands of dollars in compensation because they have no idea what their injuries are worth or how they can impact them in the long run. No attorney representing you with an insurance company means no negotiating leverage and a much lower or no settlement.
It is also essential to know that Pennsylvania is a choice of no-fault insurance state. That means if a driver only has limited tort coverage, they are not eligible for damages for pain and suffering. However, if you chose full tort coverage when you bought vehicle insurance, you are suitable for pain and suffering.
Contact MyPhillyLawyer Today
Contact our Willow Grove personal injury attorneys at MyPhillyLawyer, for a free evaluation of your claim. Our Philadelphia law firm recovers millions of dollars annually for clients. We seek compensation for all types of injuries and wrongful death caused by vehicle accidents, medical negligence, birth injuries, on-the-job accidents and work-related injuries, accidents caused by dangerous conditions, medication errors and elder abuse, and injuries caused by hazardous products.
Contact our Philadelphia law firm if you have been injured in Pennsylvania and need legal representation. Learn about your eligibility to file a claim against the negligent party who caused your injuries and losses.