Slip and Fall at Chick-fil-A? Our Lawyers Can Help
Chick-fil-A is an American fast food chain that specializes in chicken sandwiches. It has over 2,200 locations in the United States and Canada. Due to the thousands of customers that visit Chick-fil-A on a daily basis, employees may frequently be neglectful and fail to notice spills that occur in the restaurant, and they may not clean up the slippery areas. As a result, customers may slip and fall, and suffer injuries. Or the employees may fail to warn of hazardous conditions that could cause customers to become involved in an accident, and sustain an injury. Employees of Chick-fil-A have a duty to ensure the safety of their customers while they are inside the restaurant. If you were injured at Chick-fil-A, call the personal injury attorneys at MyPhillyLawyer at (215) 789-9346.
What Kind of Injuries Have Chick-fil-A Customers Suffered?
Most slip and fall accidents at Chick-fil-A have not resulted in severe or life-threatening injuries. However, sometimes, customers slip, trip and fall and thus, become seriously injured. There are many ways in which customers can suffer injury from a slip and fall accident. They include:
- Falling on black ice in a parking lot
- Slipping on wet floors at the entrance, in the dining area or in a restroom where there is no sign indicating that the floor is wet
- Falling in the children’s indoor or outdoor playground
Furthermore, such accidents can happen in mall-based Chick-fil-A restaurants in food courts, airports and the dining areas of college campuses. In this scenario, it may be difficult to prove which entity is liable, for liability may be shared between the fast food chain and the mall, airport or college.
If you suffered a serious injury while you were a customer at Chick-fil-A, you may have a valid case of negligence against the fast food chain. You may be able to recover damages for your injury.
Among the usual types of injuries that people sustain in slip and fall accidents are:
- Rotator cuff
- Torn tendons
- Torn ligaments
- Broken pelvis
If you have suffered these or other slip and fall injuries at Chick-fil-A, you may be able to secure compensation. This compensation is comparable to that of other personal injury lawsuits, and could include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation costs
What to do After a Slip and Fall Accident at Chick-fil-A
1. Consult a doctor immediately.
2. Do not sign any forms from Chick-fil-A’s management or anyone acting on their behalf, including their attorneys and insurance company representatives, until you have communicated with an attorney.
3. Do not file a claim on your own. Call MyPhillyLawyer, and have a seasoned personal injury attorney represent you.