Upper Darby Car Accident Attorneys
The worst thing that can happen in a day is to be heading somewhere and be involved in a collision. It’s frightening. What happens next? What do you do? Whose insurance is going to pay for the damages and injuries. At MyPhillyLawyer, our Upper Darby car accident attorneys have all of the answers to those questions.
If you were hit by another automobile, 18-wheeler, pickup truck, bus, or delivery driver, you should speak with our experienced team today. We can help evaluate your situation, advise on how to receive proper care for your injuries, and prepare your case for the best outcome.
MyPhillyLawyer can help you get your life back after a car accident. We understand how hard it can be to do this. Our car accident lawyers are ready to protect your best interests in and out of the courtroom to get you the compensation you deserve.
What Limited Tort Means in Terms of Insurance Coverage
One of the most important things to realize is that if you chose vehicle insurance with the “limited tort” option, to save on premium costs, you are limited in what you can recover in the aftermath of a crash. Choosing limited tort means you cannot sue for pain and suffering. However, there are exceptions.
The exceptions include:
- An accident involving a commercial vehicle – any type of motor vehicle used for transporting goods or paying customers. This could be a delivery truck or even an Uber/Lyft vehicle.
- A vehicle for hire – such as a trolley, or a Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) bus.
- A vehicle driven by someone convicted of DUI or DUI-D.
- An accident involving a motorcycle.
- An accident involving an out-of-state vehicle, not registered in Pennsylvania.
Upper Darby Roads Famous for Accidents
In 2019, Pennsylvania had 125,267 crashes which claimed the lives of 1,059 people and injured another 76,243. Most injury claims are the result of head-on, rear-end collisions or T-bone/side-impact crashes. It’s important for drivers to practice safe driving at all times. Even the best safety mechanisms and precautions cannot prevent all of the dangers of a serious car accident.
Upper Darby is located in Delaware County. It ranks third with the highest number of car accidents for 2019. PennDOT statistics revealed that Delaware County had more than 4,900 crashes, with more than 2,300 resulting in injuries and 30 fatalities.
Accidents happen for various reasons, but the most common causes for an Upper Darby car accident are:
- Poorly Maintained Roads;
- Inexperienced Drivers;
- Distracted Drivers;
- Defective Vehicles;
- Driving While Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs;
- Poorly or Improperly Maintained Vehicles;
- Reckless, Negligent Driving;
- Failure to Signal;
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signals;
- Improperly Loaded Trucks;
- Drowsy Driving;
- Night Driving;
- Wrong-Way Driving;
- Improper Turns; and
- Improper Lane Changes.
Highway and Route Accidents in Upper Darby
At MyPhillyLawyer, we’re very familiar with the dangerous roads in the Upper Darby area. Roads such as Route 476, Route 252, Route 202, Route 320, Gradyville Road, Sproul Road/Providence Avenue, and West Chester Pike (Route 3) can be dangerous paths for drivers.
Other dangerous routes include:
- U.S. Route 1, or US-1 Baltimore Pike
- Route 291, or Bartram Avenue or Second Street
- I-95, or Vietnam Veterans Memorial Highway
- MacDade Boulevard
- Newtown Street Road/Palmers Mill Road
- Bethel Road
- Market Street/Pennell Road
- Chester Pike/Ninth Street
- Lancaster Avenue
Other adjoining roads to these main routes can become the scene of an accident at any time. We know what it’s like to try and pick up the pieces of your life after an Upper Darby car accident. That is why we thoroughly investigate, gather evidence, and prepare a strong case in your defense.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Upper Darby
No one wants to be involved in a serious accident, but it can happen. It’s important for drivers to practice safety measures at all times. If you have been involved in a car accident, it may have been due to a number of different factors. It’s important to speak with an experienced Pennsylvania attorney to discuss your next steps.
The most common types of causes for Upper Darby car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Aggressive Driving
- Road Debris
- Severe Weather
The list of what can cause a car accident in Pennsylvania is often long and can include other reasons, such as tailgating, road rage, running traffic lights or signals, night driving, wrong-way driving and turns, and vehicle defects. Each accident is different. The injuries in every accident are different. The outcome for each case is also different. At MyPhillyLawyer, we pride ourselves on working with each client with a unique story and with a unique outcome.
Common Injuries in An Upper Darby Car Accident
Car accidents can result in serious injuries and even death. Even though those involved in a collision may have similar injuries, no two wounds, broken bones, or head trauma are the same.
The most common injuries sustained in an Upper Darby car accident can include:
- Bone Fractures – The severity is usually related to the force, weight, and speed of the collision.
- Burns and Lacerations – These types of damages often result in permanent scarring, depending on the severity of the injuries.
- Head Trauma – Trauma to the head involves neck damage and can range in severity such as a mild concussion or a traumatic brain injury. A proper medical diagnosis is critical to ensuring proper treatment is started early on.
- Spinal Cord and Back Injuries – Ruptured discs, thoracic spine injuries, fractures, and lumbar spine issues are some common injuries that can happen after a car accident. These injuries may not present themselves until the next day. Seeking medical care immediately by visiting an ER or seeing a specialist is crucial for building a strong recovery plan.
- Paralysis – Spinal cord injuries can result in monoplegia, affecting one arm or leg, hemiplegia, affecting one arm and one leg on the same side of your body, paraplegia, affecting both of your legs, or quadriplegia tetraplegia, affecting both of your arms and legs.
- Death – If a loved one dies in a collision, surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for the medical costs, lost wages, and funeral and burial expenses as a result of that death. This is referred to as a wrongful death claim.
What To Do After an Upper Darby Car Accident
Initially, after an accident, the body can go into a state of shock. In the moment, it can be hard to determine the best steps to take. If you or a loved one are involved in a car accident, it’s important to not move from the location where you came to rest. Check yourself and passengers for injuries.
You should remain at the scene and call the police. Next, you should:
- Contact The Police,
Ask for the accident report to be written at the crash scene. Try to get insurance and contact information from all drivers at the scene. Provide your insurance and contact information. Were there eyewitnesses? Get their information.
- Capture Images of the Accident Scene,
If you are able to, use your phone to take pictures of the accident scene. You need to capture photos of all other involved vehicles and the vehicles’ resting positions. You need to also take pictures of damages to your vehicle, damages to the other vehicles, the roadway, debris, road conditions, and any other relevant elements such as an obscured stop sign.
- Speak With Your Insurance Company,
You should contact your car insurance about the accident. Do not answer questions from “any” insurance adjuster. Wait to talk to an attorney.
- Seek Medical Attention.
If you do not go to a hospital, see your doctor as soon as possible. You “must” get a written record of your injuries. Tell your doctor about “all” your injuries. Minor injuries can develop into something worse. Take photos of “all” your injuries.
If you have not hired an experienced attorney yet, it’s important to keep detailed records of all expenses relating to treatments, and therapies. Get all recommended tests your doctor and specialists order. Get a detailed explanation of all your injuries. Get a treatment plan to follow and possibly show in court.
Contact MyPhillyLawyer Today
If you or a loved one were involved in an accident in Upper Darby, reach out to the Upper Darby personal injury attorney at MyPhillyLawyer right away. At MyPhillyLawyer, our dedicated team of personal injury lawyers is here to help.
Our Upper Darby personal injury attorneys understand how to challenge insurance companies and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call MyPhillyLawyer at 215-227-2727 or toll-free at (866) 352-4572 to discuss your case, legal rights, and options. Your initial consultation is free. No recovery, no fees or costs, guaranteed.