Birth Injury Resources
Birth Injury Resources From MyPhillyLawyer And The Birth Injury Team
The birth of a new baby and the starting of a new, or growing of an existing, family is often considered one of the best days in a parent’s life. After nine months of waiting, hoping, praying and preparing to welcome your new family member into this world, finding out that something went wrong or that a mistake was made causing injury to your perfect baby boy or girl is heart-wrenching.
Parents Have Questions. We have Answers.
We know you have questions:
- Some medical – What happened? What went wrong? Does my child have a birth injury?
- Some emotional – How could this happen? How could the doctor, nurse, hospital do this to me and my family? Do they understand what they’ve done?
- Some legal – What rights do I have? What rights does my newborn child have? Should I take legal action?
That’s why we created BirthInjuryInfo.org. When you want answers in the privacy of your own home, when you are searching for information on caring for your child with a birth injury or birth defect,BirthInjuryInfo.org is available to you anytime, day or night. On it, you will find information about common causes of birth injuries like infant brain injury and cerebral palsy, as well as helpful resources for families like you, struggling with, coping with and/or raising a child with a birth injury.
When you are ready to talk to an attorney, the birth injury lawyers of MyPhillyLawyer are available to answer your questions and discuss your legal options. At Silvers, Langsam & Weitzman, we offer a free initial consultation to parents whose lives have been forever changed by a birth injury.
Understanding Birth Injuries And Birth Defects
There are several possible causes of birth injuries and defects:
- Complications during pregnancy
- Mistakes by health care professionals during the labor and delivery process
- Misuse or misdosing of medication, such as Pitocin, during labor and delivery
- Genetic disorders including defects passed from parents or abnormalities in the newborn’s own genes
A birth defect is generally an inherited genetic abnormality while a birth injury is most often the result of an error by the doctor or nurse involved in your care.
Turn To Us For Information. Turn To Us For Help. Call 215-789-9346.
The Birth Injury Team of medical and legal professionals put together the information and resources at BirthInjury.org to help answer your questions about your son or daughter’s birth injury or birth defect and what the future might hold for your family. Our team of legal professionals is here to help if you are looking for a birth injury lawyer or medical malpractice attorney. Turn to us for information and turn to us for help. For a free initial consultation, contact us online or call 866-920-0352.