Slip and Fall at Five Guys? Our Lawyers Can Help
Five Guys is an American fast food casual restaurant chain that specializes in hamburgers, hot dogs and French fries. As of 2016, there were 1,000 locations throughout the United States and Canada. Due to the thousands of customers that visit Five Guys every day, employees may not notice spills that take place in the restaurant, and may not mop the wet floors before someone slips, trips and falls. Or the employees may fail to warn of hazardous conditions that could cause customers to slip, trip and fall, and suffer an injury. Five Guys’ employees have a duty to keep their customers safe while they are inside the restaurant. If you were injured at Five Guys, call the personal injury attorneys at MyPhillyLawyer at (215) 789-9346.
What Kind of Injuries Have Five Guys Customers Suffered?
Most slip and fall accidents at Five Guys have not resulted in severe or life-threatening injuries. However, sometimes, customers slip, trip and fall, thereby becoming seriously injured. There are numerous ways in which customers can sustain an injury from a slip and fall accident. They include:
- Tripping and falling over an obstacle located near the entrance or in the walkway
- Slipping on wet floors at the entrance or in the dining area, where there is no sign warning of the dangerous condition
- Slipping on spilled drinks or food items in areas that employees neglected to clean
If you suffered a serious injury while you were a customer at Five Guys, you may have a valid case of negligence against the fast food chain. You may be able to secure damages for your injury. Among the usual types of injuries that people sustain in slip and fall accidents are:
- Herniated disc
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
If you have suffered these or other slip and fall injuries at Five Guys, you may be able to obtain compensation. This compensation is comparable to that of other personal injury lawsuits, and could include:
- Medical expenses
- Potential future medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
What to do After a Slip and Fall Accident at Five Guys
1. See a physician right away.
2. Do not sign any forms from Five Guys’ management or anyone acting on their behalf, including their attorneys and insurance company representatives, until you have talked with an attorney.
3. Do not file a claim against them by yourself. Call MyPhillyLawyer, and have a skilled personal injury attorney represent you.