How should I prepare for my first meeting with my Pennsylvania truck accident attorney?
After a truck accident, the victim of the crash may have significant injuries and damage to their vehicle. A collision may cause the injured party to feel afraid, anxious and confused about what to do next. Medical expenses, lack of transportation, lost wages and emotional damages may result from a truck accident. The victim may seek legal representation to assess their rights and determine what they are entitled to in terms of compensation. The attorneys at MyPhillyLawyer provide a free initial consultation for individuals trying to find an attorney to handle their case. After setting up the first meeting with an attorney, the potential client should prepare the information and documentation the attorney will need to assess the case.
A legal consultation is a conference between the attorney and the client, or potential client, to examine the case’s facts and assess the laws pertaining to the case. To prepare for the first meeting, the victim of the truck accident needs to do the following:
- Have a copy of the accident report
- Have a copy of their insurance policy and insurance declarations page
- Bring medical reports, scans and bills of medical visits from the date of the accident to present
- Photos of the vehicles involved in the crash (preferably at the accident scene)
- Names of witnesses to the accident
- Notes regarding the accident