Can I recover compensation even if I am partially at fault for the car crash?
Pennsylvania is a “no fault” state where drivers can be compensated for damages incurred in a car accident regardless of who was at fault. This reduces your liability but limits your ability to sue other drivers.
In some cases, you can file a lawsuit even if you may have caused the accident, as long as your shared liability does not exceed 50 percent. For example, if you were found to be 20 percent responsible for causing a car accident and the other driver 80 percent, whatever damages you are awarded would be reduced by 20 percent.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can I recover compensation even if I am partially at fault for the car crash?
- How common is back pain from car accidents?
- How long after a car accident can you experience pain?
- How long after a car accident can you sue in Pennsylvania?
- How long do I have to file a car accident suit?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long does an insurance company have to settle a claim in Pennsylvania?
- How long does it take to settle a car accident lawsuit?
- How much time will it take for me to recover damages in my Pennsylvania car accident case?
- How should I prepare for my first meeting with my Pennsylvania car accident attorney?
- I got into a car accident and hit my head; what should I do?
- I was in a car accident; my injuries are minor. Should I see a doctor?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run car accident; can I still get compensation?
- If I have been in a car accident, do I need a lawyer?
- Is Pennsylvania a no-fault accident state?
- Is there a time limit on my car accident claim in Pennsylvania?
- Should I accept a settlement from an insurance company regarding my car accident?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident was partially my fault, can I still file a claim for compensation?
- What am I entitled to after a car accident?
- What happens if someone gets in an accident driving your car?
- What should I do after an accident?
- What to do about head and neck pain from a car accident?
- What to do if you bump your head in a car accident?
- What types of compensation can I expect to receive after a car accident?
- What types of things can I be compensated for after my car accident?
- Why do I need a car accident attorney?