Can I recover compensation even if I am partially at fault for the car crash?

Pennsylvania is a “no fault” state where drivers can be compensated for damages incurred in a car accident regardless of who was at fault. This reduces your liability but limits your ability to sue other drivers.

In some cases, you can file a lawsuit even if you may have caused the accident, as long as your shared liability does not exceed 50 percent. For example, if you were found to be 20 percent responsible for causing a car accident and the other driver 80 percent, whatever damages you are awarded would be reduced by 20 percent.

Other Car Accident FAQs: