How should I prepare for my first meeting with my Pennsylvania car accident attorney?
A car accident victim may want legal representation to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Therefore, the victim may hire a Pennsylvania car accident attorney to handle the legal process. A case begins when the attorney files the Complaint in the appropriate court. The Complaint consists of information and allegations made by the victim, also known as the plaintiff. For the attorney to draft the Complaint, the injured party must provide the accident’s facts at the first meeting with the attorney.
The first meeting with the car accident attorney may be a free consultation. At the initial consultation, the attorney will inquire about the accident and the victim’s injuries and expenses that arose from it. To prepare for the consultation, the victim should be ready to relay what happened before, during and after the car accident. In further support of the allegation that another person is at-fault for the collision, the victim may bring a copy of the accident report. The victim may also prepare by obtaining copies of their medical bills, medical information and medical images showing the extent of their injuries.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can I recover compensation even if I am partially at fault for the car crash?
- How common is back pain from car accidents?
- How long after a car accident can you sue in Pennsylvania?
- How long do I have to file a car accident suit?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long does an insurance company have to settle a claim in Pennsylvania?
- How long does it take to settle a car accident lawsuit?
- How much time will it take for me to recover damages in my Pennsylvania car accident case?
- How should I prepare for my first meeting with my Pennsylvania car accident attorney?
- I got into a car accident and hit my head; what should I do?
- I was in a car accident; my injuries are minor. Should I see a doctor?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run car accident; can I still get compensation?
- If I have been in a car accident, do I need a lawyer?
- Is Pennsylvania a no-fault accident state?
- Is there a time limit on my car accident claim in Pennsylvania?
- Should I accept a settlement from an insurance company regarding my car accident?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident was partially my fault, can I still file a claim for compensation?
- What am I entitled to after a car accident?
- What should I do after an accident?
- What types of compensation can I expect to receive after a car accident?
- What types of things can I be compensated for after my car accident?
- Why do I need a car accident attorney?