If I have been in a car accident, do I need a lawyer?
It is always a good idea to contact an attorney after you have been in a car accident. In Pennsylvania, the state laws that dictate insurance coverage and potential legal recourse after an accident are extremely complicated. Filing an accident claim without an attorney on your side can mean that your case is dismissed. Attorneys are well trained in the law and courtroom rules. Having an attorney helping you in the aftermath of a car accident means that you can take the time to recover while your attorney obtains you the compensation you deserve.
While insurance companies will offer settlements to accident victims, a settlement is usually a lot less than what you could get in compensation with an attorney representing you. You could potentially miss out on compensation. Attorneys are well trained negotiators and are ready to stand up to insurance companies.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can I recover compensation even if I am partially at fault for the car crash?
- How common is back pain from car accidents?
- How long after a car accident can you experience pain?
- How long after a car accident can you sue in Pennsylvania?
- How long do I have to file a car accident suit?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long does an insurance company have to settle a claim in Pennsylvania?
- How long does it take to settle a car accident lawsuit?
- How much time will it take for me to recover damages in my Pennsylvania car accident case?
- How should I prepare for my first meeting with my Pennsylvania car accident attorney?
- I got into a car accident and hit my head; what should I do?
- I was in a car accident; my injuries are minor. Should I see a doctor?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run car accident; can I still get compensation?
- If I have been in a car accident, do I need a lawyer?
- Is Pennsylvania a no-fault accident state?
- Is there a time limit on my car accident claim in Pennsylvania?
- Should I accept a settlement from an insurance company regarding my car accident?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident was partially my fault, can I still file a claim for compensation?
- What am I entitled to after a car accident?
- What happens if someone gets in an accident driving your car?
- What should I do after an accident?
- What to do about head and neck pain from a car accident?
- What to do if you bump your head in a car accident?
- What types of compensation can I expect to receive after a car accident?
- What types of things can I be compensated for after my car accident?
- Why do I need a car accident attorney?