Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
After a vehicle accident, individuals may receive compensation for their injuries and the damages done to their vehicles. When a motorist files a claim for compensation, the insurance company may assess the damages and offer a settlement on the claim. However, the victim of a vehicle accident should not accept an insurance settlement right away.
Every insurance policy does not have the same terms. The insurance policy may have high policy limits that can compensate the medical bills and pain and suffering. Some insurance policies contain coverage for specific property damages and injuries. Other policies may specifically prohibit the coverage of certain damages.
It is best to hire an attorney that has experience with the insurance claims process. The settlement amount from the insurance company may not take into account medical bills, lost wages or funeral expenses. Once a person accepts the settlement, they generally agree to give up any right to sue for any further compensation in the future.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can I recover compensation even if I am partially at fault for the car crash?
- How common is back pain from car accidents?
- How long after a car accident can you experience pain?
- How long after a car accident can you sue in Pennsylvania?
- How long do I have to file a car accident suit?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long does an insurance company have to settle a claim in Pennsylvania?
- How long does it take to settle a car accident lawsuit?
- How much time will it take for me to recover damages in my Pennsylvania car accident case?
- How should I prepare for my first meeting with my Pennsylvania car accident attorney?
- I got into a car accident and hit my head; what should I do?
- I was in a car accident; my injuries are minor. Should I see a doctor?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run car accident; can I still get compensation?
- If I have been in a car accident, do I need a lawyer?
- Is Pennsylvania a no-fault accident state?
- Is there a time limit on my car accident claim in Pennsylvania?
- Should I accept a settlement from an insurance company regarding my car accident?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident was partially my fault, can I still file a claim for compensation?
- What am I entitled to after a car accident?
- What should I do after an accident?
- What to do about head and neck pain from a car accident?
- What to do if you bump your head in a car accident?
- What types of compensation can I expect to receive after a car accident?
- What types of things can I be compensated for after my car accident?
- Why do I need a car accident attorney?