What types of compensation can I expect to receive after a car accident?

Car accidents can be simple fender benders or more serious incidents resulting in severe injuries, property damage and even death. Compensation after a car accident may come in different forms such as:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Medical bills
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of consortium
  • Continuing medical treatment

Insurance policies may provide benefits to cover the damages and injuries of drivers in a car accident. Collision coverage pays for the damage to a driver’s own vehicle due to the accident. Extraordinary medical benefits cover damages for medical and rehabilitation costs in severe cases where the bills are over $100,000. Lost wages may be compensated through the insured’s income loss coverage, which pays a portion of a wage when car accident keeps the individual from working.

Full tort insurance coverage allows the injured driver to sue the at-fault driver for any and all damages incurred. The most severe car accidents can result in death. Insurance policies with funeral benefits specifically cover the funeral expenses of the deceased.

Frequently, insurance companies will fight to settle for the lowest possible amount. Never negotiate with insurance adjuster by yourself. Contact an experienced attorney from MyPhillyLawyer to help you. We have years of experience negotiating with insurance companies.

Other Car Accident FAQs: