What types of things can I be compensated for after my car accident?

The amount and types of compensation you will be allowed to pursue after a car accident will depend on how you file your claim. Under Pennsylvania’s no-fault accident system, your insurance company can only compensate you for economic damages like medical expenses, lost income due to missed work, and vehicle repair or replacement costs. If you are able to file a lawsuit you could be entitled to compensation for economic damages and for things that do not have an obvious dollar value, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish or emotional distress.

Other Car Accident FAQs: