I got into a car accident and hit my head; what should I do?
No one anticipates having a car accident. Whether the collision is a minor accident or a major crash, a driver or passenger involved in the accident may hit their head upon impact. Head injuries are incredibly serious. After any car accident, one of the drivers must alert the police. Medical services should also be notified to help anyone who is injured and render immediate medical attention.
Anyone can develop a head injury after an automobile crash. The impact on the head may result in a mild, moderate or severe head or brain injury. Head injuries include bumps or bruises, concussions, skull fractures, bleeding on the brain and swelling.
The severity of a hit to the head is difficult to determine from just looking at someone. Therefore, the injured person should get a medical examination right away. An X-ray, CT scan and physical exam can determine the extent of the head injury. Medications, surgery and rehabilitation are treatment options depending on the type of head injury the person suffers. Receiving treatment accrue medical expenses; therefore, the injured person should record their medical expenses. An injured person may seek recovery for their out-of-pocket costs and lost wages due to their head injury. Contact MyPhillyLawyer right way for assistance.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can I recover compensation even if I am partially at fault for the car crash?
- How common is back pain from car accidents?
- How long after a car accident can you experience pain?
- How long after a car accident can you sue in Pennsylvania?
- How long do I have to file a car accident suit?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long does an insurance company have to settle a claim in Pennsylvania?
- How long does it take to settle a car accident lawsuit?
- How much time will it take for me to recover damages in my Pennsylvania car accident case?
- How should I prepare for my first meeting with my Pennsylvania car accident attorney?
- I got into a car accident and hit my head; what should I do?
- I was in a car accident; my injuries are minor. Should I see a doctor?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run car accident; can I still get compensation?
- If I have been in a car accident, do I need a lawyer?
- Is Pennsylvania a no-fault accident state?
- Is there a time limit on my car accident claim in Pennsylvania?
- Should I accept a settlement from an insurance company regarding my car accident?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident was partially my fault, can I still file a claim for compensation?
- What am I entitled to after a car accident?
- What happens if someone gets in an accident driving your car?
- What should I do after an accident?
- What to do about head and neck pain from a car accident?
- What to do if you bump your head in a car accident?
- What types of compensation can I expect to receive after a car accident?
- What types of things can I be compensated for after my car accident?
- Why do I need a car accident attorney?