How long after a car accident can you sue in Pennsylvania?
Pennsylvania has millions of licensed drivers with over 125,000 car accidents every year. While some motor vehicle collisions result in little to no vehicle damage or injuries. Other automobile crashes have unsalvageable property damage and, in severe cases, life-changing injuries or death.
Victims of a car accident may want to seek compensation for their damages and injuries from the at-fault party. Pennsylvania has a statute of limitations, or legal deadline, to file a car accident lawsuit. Victims have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit for compensation for their injuries and damages. If the victim fails to file before the deadline, they cannot ever file a lawsuit for that particular accident.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can I recover compensation even if I am partially at fault for the car crash?
- How common is back pain from car accidents?
- How long after a car accident can you experience pain?
- How long after a car accident can you sue in Pennsylvania?
- How long do I have to file a car accident suit?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long does an insurance company have to settle a claim in Pennsylvania?
- How long does it take to settle a car accident lawsuit?
- How much time will it take for me to recover damages in my Pennsylvania car accident case?
- How should I prepare for my first meeting with my Pennsylvania car accident attorney?
- I got into a car accident and hit my head; what should I do?
- I was in a car accident; my injuries are minor. Should I see a doctor?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run car accident; can I still get compensation?
- If I have been in a car accident, do I need a lawyer?
- Is Pennsylvania a no-fault accident state?
- Is there a time limit on my car accident claim in Pennsylvania?
- Should I accept a settlement from an insurance company regarding my car accident?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident was partially my fault, can I still file a claim for compensation?
- What am I entitled to after a car accident?
- What should I do after an accident?
- What to do about head and neck pain from a car accident?
- What to do if you bump your head in a car accident?
- What types of compensation can I expect to receive after a car accident?
- What types of things can I be compensated for after my car accident?
- Why do I need a car accident attorney?