How common is back pain from car accidents?
With over 125,000 motor vehicle accidents each year in Pennsylvania, some people involved in automobile crashes may have suffered back pain. The back absorbs a lot of the impact and pressure in a vehicle collision. Therefore, back pain is common after car accidents. Car accidents may cause injuries to the back of the neck, midback, and lower back. Back pain may go away after a few days or weeks or may show up later.
Back injuries include spine and spinal cord injuries, fractured vertebrae, herniated discs, back sprains and strains. Back pain from a car accident may be a sign of a more serious injury. To diagnose what is causing the back pain, a doctor may take x-rays, CT scans or MRI scans. It is critical that anyone involved in a car accident immediately obtain medical help to ensure that serious back injuries do not go untreated.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can I recover compensation even if I am partially at fault for the car crash?
- How common is back pain from car accidents?
- How long after a car accident can you sue in Pennsylvania?
- How long do I have to file a car accident suit?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long does an insurance company have to settle a claim in Pennsylvania?
- How long does it take to settle a car accident lawsuit?
- How much time will it take for me to recover damages in my Pennsylvania car accident case?
- How should I prepare for my first meeting with my Pennsylvania car accident attorney?
- I got into a car accident and hit my head; what should I do?
- I was in a car accident; my injuries are minor. Should I see a doctor?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run car accident; can I still get compensation?
- If I have been in a car accident, do I need a lawyer?
- Is Pennsylvania a no-fault accident state?
- Is there a time limit on my car accident claim in Pennsylvania?
- Should I accept a settlement from an insurance company regarding my car accident?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident was partially my fault, can I still file a claim for compensation?
- What am I entitled to after a car accident?
- What should I do after an accident?
- What types of compensation can I expect to receive after a car accident?
- What types of things can I be compensated for after my car accident?
- Why do I need a car accident attorney?